Upon Registration, you agree to the following:
HALIFAX CITY PLAYERS CODE OF CONDUCT
- I will play soccer because I want to, not because others want me to.
- I will play by the rules of soccer, and in the spirit of the game.
- I will show respect at all times for all coaches, all referees, all players, all spectators, and all club officials.
- I will control my temper. I will not fight or use foul or abusive language or inappropriate gestures.
- I will be a team player.
- I know that winning isn't everything - having fun, playing fair, improving my skills, making friends and doing my best are all important.
- I will acknowledge all good play - that of my team-mates and of my opponents.
- I understand that Coaches are there to coach and not to improve my behaviour. If I am found to be behaving badly, my coach is permitted to remove me from the event. Furthermore, the responsibility of my behaviour outside of team-sanctioned events is not that of team staff but is the responsibility myself, and of my family or guardian.
- I will never take part in a practice, game or team event while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- I will not take part in any form of bullying, either to an opposing player or to a player on my team. Bullying in any form, whether in person, electronically (any form of social media) will not be tolerated.
Games & Practices
- I recognize that practices are more important than games and games are equally important.
- I will arrive at the field before practices and games according to the standards set by my team Coach.
- If I cannot make a game or practice, I will notify the team using Teamer at least 48 hours in advance so that arrangements for substitutes can be made.
- I realize that players who attend practices may get priority in the game starting line-up. Starting line-ups are based on several factors including attendance at practices, player's position, effort, attitude, etc.
- I will turn off all electronic devices (cell phones, video games, etc.) before arrival at my practice, game or team event and leave them off until I am finished.
- I realize that playing time is not always going to be equal despite my coaches attempt to equalize. Playing time will be managed using the clubs principle of 40% when the player has met their requirements as outlined.
- I will leave all venues as neat and tidy as I found them and will remove all refuse from my area.
- I will take good care of my uniform.
- I will ensure my jersey is tucked in at all times as required by the laws of the game.
- I will wear shin guards, socks, appropriate footwear, and bring my own water bottle to all games and practices.
- At practices I will wear approved attire; as determined by my coach.
- I will abide by the Halifax City rules and remove all jewellery for practices and games (except for medically approved bracelets and eye wear).
- I recognize that the team coach will handle infractions that occur at times other than during a game.
- I recognize that infractions that occur during the game are governed by the Laws of the Game and will be decided by the Referee. The result may be a Caution (yellow card) or Dismissal (red card), in which case there may also be further action, including suspensions or fines, by the league discipline committee.
- I recognize that certain serious infractions will result in a discipline hearing convened by Soccer Nova Scotia or their delegate, and could lead to a worldwide suspension from soccer, and a fine being levied by SNS. Payment of the fine is my responsibility.
- I am responsible for reimbursing the Club for any and all fines payable by the Club due to my actions or inactions. Failure to pay any fines will result in my suspension from the Club for an indefinite period of time.
If for any reason the Code of Conduct is not followed by the player, any [one or more] of the following steps may be taken by the coach or the Club:
- Reduce the playing time of the player; and/or
- Suspend the player for some time period
- Remove the child from the team.